Friday 7 March 2014

ON OUR WAY TO REALIZATION













ON OUR WAY TO REALIZATION, THERE IS NO `WE', THERE IS ONLY `I'. IS THERE ANYTHING TO SOFTEN THIS PAIN?

The problem about such questions is they are intellectual, they are not experiential.
You have just thought about it, that "On our way I will be alone, I cannot be with people so the question of there being any possibility of `we' is non-existent; only `I' will be there alone. It makes one feel afraid, it makes one wonder whether to go on such a path or not."
But this is all intellectual. It is not that you have gone on the path and you have found this question. On the path you will not find this question, because I and we are together. The I cannot exist without we; it is just a part of the collectivity.
The moment you are on the path, first the others leave and the last that leaves you is yourself, the I. And when the I leaves, only then are you alone; otherwise the I is there. There are two -- you, and the I. When the I has also gone, you are alone. And the beauty of aloneness... it has nothing to do with `I', it has nothing to do with `we'.
They were all together. They exist together. Many I's together become `we'. It is simply a collective name of I's. Have you ever come across a we? Even the people who use it -- for example a president of a country or a prime minister of a country is supposed to use `we' instead of `I' so that his `we' becomes representative of the whole land he is the prime minister or the president of. But even the prime minister who uses `we' is simply an I, there is no we. That `we' is only a convenience, a linguistic convenience.
And when you move on the path it is not that the we leaves you and only `I' is left behind; the I also goes with the we.
I am reminded of a beautiful Sufi story. When Al-Hillaj Mansoor went to his master Junnaid, his family, his friends, even his neighbors had all come out of the town to say goodbye. He was going in search of truth. When he reached Junnaid, he entered; Junnaid was alone sitting in the mosque. He asked, "May I come in, sir?"
Junnaid looked at him, and looked here, and looked there, and said, "First leave the crowd out! And you have some nerve to ask, `May I come in, sir?' Then why is this crowd all around you?"
Al-Hillaj could not believe... he looked all around, there was nobody.
Junnaid said, "Don't look all around, close your eyes! and then look all around. Your friends, your family, your neighbors -- they are still there."
He closed his eyes and he was surprised. The people he had left behind... he was still remembering them: their tears, their last greetings, the elder ones giving him their last blessings. They were all there, the whole crowd was there.
Junnaid said, "Get out, with this whole crowd! When you are alone then ask, `May I come in, sir?'"
It took seven months. Al-Hillaj used to live outside the mosque; the master used to live inside. Hundreds of disciples would come and go, and thinking that he must be a shoemaker or a shoe-shiner, they would put their shoes in front of him. And sitting there doing nothing... he thought, "This is not bad," so he started polishing their shoes.
After seven months, one night when there was nobody around, Junnaid came out and said, "Al-Hillaj, come in."
But Al-Hillaj said, "Forgive me, sir. Now I cannot ask, `May I come in, sir?' because that `I' is also gone. I am absolutely alone."
Junnaid said, "That's why I had to come. You stupid! Come in. I knew that now it will be difficult for you to ask the question, because who will ask the question? The crowd is gone, and with the crowd that fellow who used to be `I' -- that too is gone. And the poor fellow is shining shoes..." And Al-Hillaj belonged to a very rich, royal family.
Junnaid said, "That's why I have come in the middle of the night, to bring you in. When you are not then you are called in; when you are not then the whole existence is ready to receive you."
Your question is intellectual. Avoid intellectual questions. If they arise, try first to experience them and you will find the answer yourself.
by

k.jagadeesh

Mobile: 91-9841121780, 9543187772.

EmaiL: jagadeeshkri@gmail.com

Web: http://www.pinterest.com/jagadeeshkri/books-worth-reading/

Web:http://www.bookbyte.com/searchresults.aspx?type=books&author=jagadeesh%20krishnan

Web;http://issuu.com/home/publications

Web:

https://www.morebooks.de/search/gb?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=jagadeesh+krishnan

Web: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/275-9424466-2127042?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh%20krishnan

Web: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/378-4986394-6216105?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh+krishnan

WEb:

http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh%20krishnan

WEb:

my books

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/180-0191351-1760005?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh%20krishnan

WEb;

https://www.peecho.com/dashboard/applications/publications?applicationId=3105.

No comments:

Post a Comment